This course is richly illustrated to guide you as you grow your Latin skills.
Whether you are a professor or simply love words and their origins, a student or a complete novice, a Classicist or studying for general interest ...
Whether you love exploring origins of words or whether you've never explored them before ...
If you want to transform your abilities and be able to translate all those juicy inscriptions and really KNOW the meaning of words (both Latin and English ...
Then this course is for YOU!
What will you learn?
- Get to grips with all the Latin grammar you need to translate the Latin that is all around us
- Discover the origins and derivations of our English words
- How to look up help in translating Latin when out on your own.
- How to understand inscriptions, both Roman and later ones
- Enjoy a sense of connection with those who erected Latin monuments and inscriptions: get 'behind the scenes' of how and why they are as they are
You'll be seeing the ancient world and modern English words in a whole new, fresh way.
Great Value! What will you get?
- A wealth of richly illustrated sessions taking you through the grammar of Latin: verbs, tenses, pronouns, participles and more: all made accessible and easy to understand. What a package!
- Plus start up session with helpful guides such as a glossary, and an extra closing Next Steps lesson
- Downloadable notes and useful tables for you to print out and use when out and about.
- Bonus notes throughout, so that you can find and enjoy the Latin that is hidden all around us.
- A monthly LIVE Q&A online session (scheduled at one time, one date each month) with The Muddy Archaeologist with chat box to ask your questions and respond and be part of the Muddy Archaeologist online community.
- Absolutely no exams or tests except for short lightweight quizzes. This course is for fun, discovery, learning and exploration for us to share together.
- A selection of options for payment: one-off payments, monthly installments, group discounts and a great Value Bundle when bought with Practical Latin I.
- Start and end at any time or date to suit you.
- No quibble 30-day Money Back Guarantee
You've bought your voucher and paid for the course - Now you can GIVE it as a present!
Gillian brings learning to life
Learned more in one hour
All round good company
Inspiring, Reflective and Enjoyable
Welcome to this invitation to join my unique Practical Latin course.
Latin is all around us. It's in the phrases and words we use every day; it's in mottoes and inscriptions. If you're looking to enjoy discovering a new skill, then you're in the right place!
For I present lively, passionate and engaging Latin classes that take you on a journey that opens up a whole new world. Not only do we get to grips with Latin grammar; we also add colour and depth to the English words you use every day - so many have deeper meanings and ancient stories behind them.
I have taught Latin for many years and I am delighted to be bringing this special course online, so that YOU can join in and share the fun.
For Latin is FUN.
And I love it. My joy is to provide you with a thrilling new skill and to transform your experience of the English language into a lively, creative one.
I am passionate about revealing how our everyday words are full of human life and passion. I love sharing the joy of Latin in person, in books and articles, on the media and on-line.
After graduating in Latin and Ancient History from Exeter University, I worked in BBC Television and went on to become an award-winning freelance writer, author.
I now lecture at York University and speak at the British Museum. I share courses around the country and lecture throughout the UK and abroad for audiences that range from local societies and luncheon clubs to Classical Associations, The Arts Society, and international groups. Every event is tailored to YOU, whoever and wherever you are.
I offer you expertise, passion and a warm welcome.
Latin is for everyone: let me lead you on a journey into a new approach to words with knowledge, great images, and a sense of fun and enjoyment.
Adding colour and depth to our lives today by digging deep into the past.